Excellence in Patient Care (EPC)
Excellence in Patient Care (EPC) focuses on ASN’s clinical priorities to provide high-quality care for people with kidney diseases.
Through all its projects, EPC embraces three aims:
- To ensure all people with kidney diseases receive the best evidence-based care possible.
- To champion patient experiences, preferences, and values by actively engaging people with kidney diseases in EPC activities.
- To advance equitable access to high-quality kidney care by promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and pursuing health care justice.
EPC Projects & Initiatives
This Targeting Zero webinar series provides information for clinicians in three areas:
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Lessons Learned;
- Routine Vaccination Recommendations for Dialysis Patients; and
- Vaccination Recommendations in Special Populations Amongst Dialysis Patients: A Case-based Approach
Upon completion of this series and its evaluation, you will have the opportunity to print a Certificate of Attendance. Your input on the evaluation will assist ASN in updating this resource in the future.
Fall is the time to discuss the administration of three critical vaccinations – COVID-19, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and influenza – with patients and staff. All patients receiving dialysis, those with a transplant, or those with stages one through four of chronic kidney disease (CKD) should seek guidance from their primary care provider (PCP), pharmacist, and/or nephrologist regarding all three recommended fall vaccinations.
On September 12 the CDC updated their COVID-19 immunization recommendations in accordance with recommendations approved and authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Learn more about the CDC COVID-19 vaccine recommendations to help keep you, your patients, and your communities safe from COVID-19.
The Excellence in Patient Care Library is a collection of resources to promote excellence in the prevention and treatment of acute and chronic kidney disease. These resources will help kidney care professionals transform the delivery care, reduce morbidity and mortality, and improve long-term outcomes.