COVID-19 Response Overview
The ASN Response Team COVID-19 portal includes many important resources for the Kidney Community. Resources such as CDC information pertinent to kidney professionals and patients, CMS COVID-19 updates, resources developed by the ASN Response Team, publications, and journal articles. These resources can be found in the COVID-19 section of the resource library.
Looking for COVID-19 Resources? Visit the COVID-19 resource portal, featuring CMS updates, CDC information, ASN resources, publications and journal articles, and the assembled COVID-19 library.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have published a new, refocused COVID-19 website. The updated site seeks to meet the needs of the public so they can easily find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 as we prepare to enter the respiratory virus season.
ASN encourages all health professionals who interact with kidney patients to follow immunization recommendations from the CDC in order to reduce the risks from vaccine-preventable illnesses in people with kidney diseases.
Review the Statement on Immunizations in the Kidney Community to learn more about the recommendations for adult immunizations.
COVID-19 Online Learning
COVID-19 Lessons from the Kidney Community
COVID-19 Toolkit for Nephrology Clinicians: Preparing for a Surge
Pursuing Mental Wellness: The Impact of COVID-19 on Dialysis Facility Staff
COVID-19 Resource Library Highlights
- COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for everyone ages 6 months and older in the United States for the prevention of COVID-19.
- Talk with your doctor or care team about vaccine options right for you.
Recorded Friday, August 26, 2022
1) Clarify the availability of therapeutics, and their efficacy and utility, for kidney transplant patients
2) Discuss kidney transplant community access to, and use of, therapeutic treatments for COVID-19
3) Identify resources for kidney transplant patients and providers
Target Audience: nephrologists, fellows, members of the nephrology and transplant care teams (nurses, technicians, administrators), transplant patients, caregivers